Thursday, October 25, 2007

Grandma Nadine Ward

My Grandma past away last night, here are a few things I will always remember about her:

  • Making me a sandwich for lunch at her home in Rancho Bernardo
  • Her laugh and smile
  • Her recounting stories of her family and life in Texas
  • Dinners on Sunday at our house in Vista
  • Taking care of Grandpa and putting up with his demands
  • The nice clean smell throughout her house and smell of coffee in the kitchen
  • Small T.V room in Rancho with her custom lounge chair setup and art projects near the couch
  • No hesitation expression of opinion
  • Her calm and steady nature

I am happy for the full life she lived yet sad to lose a Grandma I loved. Life will continue on for me and also for Grandma Ward. It's great to know that she continues in a state much more pleasent than her final years here.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your news! I know it was difficult these last few months for her.

Separately, I'm excited to have a blog address for you! (haha - recognize the picture?!)

Heidi said...

By the way, if you want, here's my blog address http://familyscenery.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Hi-- I think I'm your cousin! I was just looking online for an obituary of my aunt, Nadine Calvert Ward, & your blog came up! I am the daughter of Aunt Nadine's only surviving sibling, Royce. We live in Waco, Texas. Are you Johnny & Pam's son?
Ann